Monday, January 03, 2005
  Underwear goes inside the pants.
I've always found it amusing how some of the people I've known in the past who smoke marajuna (undoubtedly from uni), or weed if you like, appear to be some of the greater thinkers I've ever encountered. Well, either that or I've been hanging out with an incredibly dumbass crowd of friends for the past 3 years. A group of potheads who lived in my hall were once discussing astrophysics together. Yes. Astrophysics. They would get into heated arguments over discussions such as...why the universe is round. They weren't really what you would call hardworking students. Nor were they physicists. Yet they push the limits of philosphical thinking and question Stephen Hawking's theory of relativity. Well, either they are wasted geniuses who have ruined their lives with grass or are regular people appearing to be smarter because of grass. But wait, isn't this old news? Weren't the grass-smoking hippies the ones in the 60s who so greatly vented their political views and anti-war opinions during the vietnam war than any other group?

"This homeless guy asked me for money the other day.I was about to give it to him and then I thought he was going to use it on drugs or alcohol.And then I thought, that's what I'm going to use it on.Why am I judging this poor bastard."

Recently I heard a song by an artiste called Lazyboy, whose lyrics seem to imply he is a pot smoker himself. Still, I couldn't help but think that his lyrics deal with so many real issues in the world today.

"Americans, let's face it: We've been a spoiled country for a long time. Do you know what the number one health risk in America is? Obesity. They say we're in the middle of an obesity epidemic.An epidemic like it is polio. Like we'll be telling our grand kids about it one day.The Great Obesity Epidemic of 2004."How'd you get through it grandpa?""Oh, it was horrible Johnny, there was cheesecake and pork chops everywhere."

I personally cannot say that majority of my non-drug-induced friends would ever really think about such issues as these. And even if they did, not to that extent nor would they really try to do much about it. Another disappointment that I have with my home country is how no one seems to have a strong political opinion...Not that they make bad opinions, but they make NO opinions. In particular the youth of today. When Mr Bush visited Singapore, not a single soul protested. I can only conclude that the semi-oppressive government has done a good job of silencing those with a voice or no one really cares that this man made a decision that would cost hundreds or thousands of lives. Why? Is it because we are on the opposite side of the world, away from all the falling bombs, flying bullets, and civilian executions?

"Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life."

Maybe we are in a way, spoilt like America. We've been blessed for a long time with prosperity and a clean, low-crime environment. We have faced no real hardships from famine or natural disasters, despite the recent tsunami, or the SARS scare in 2003/4. We live in an environment where we feel so protected and invulnerable, where our only real hardship was the decline of the economy since 9/11. Has anyone ever sat down to appreciate the lives they have today? Have they ever thought perhaps about what life would be like if the Allies had lost WW2? How many of us have spent just one minute in a year to remember our own countrymen who fell against the enemy to provide us the freedom we live in today. So many years of promising lives ahead of them, never lived out. Just so we can vote for someone on Singapore Idol at 50 cents per text instead of taking a free vote for a political leader.

" We're in one of the richest countries in the world,but the minimum wage is lower than it was thirty five years ago."

Anyway, what was I talking about again... Yes, marajuana. I think by now, some may think I am drug induced myself..and that I hang out with druggies..haha. Matter of fact is, I am a non smoker. And I hang out with no one. I am anti-social, remember?

"He looks right at the homeless guy and says why don't you go get a job you bum.People always say that to homeless guys like it is so easy.This homeless guy was wearing his underwear outside his pants.Outside his pants. I'm guessing his resume isn't all up to date.I'm predicting some problems during the interview process.I'm pretty sure even McDonalds has a "underwear goes inside the pants" policy.Not that they enforce it really strictly, but technically I'm sure it is on the books." I would definitely reccommend checking this song out.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
"Those weapons of mass destruction have got to be somewhere." - George W. Bush (March 24, 2004)

Recent Bastard Posts
Bastard-coated Bastards
Fetus Spears
SomethingSomething
Darth Vader
Sinner's Ark
I HATE MUSIC
Mulch
Seditious Bastards
Brand New Malaysia
e pur si muove
I Really Don't Know
Illusio
Mr Wang Bakes Good Karma
The Police State
Matrix Singapore
The Reader's Eye
Sayoni
Singaland
Singapore Rebel (the blog)
Singapore Rebel (the film)
Xeno Boy
Yawning Bread
Retardation of the West
The Knight Shift
Melanie "Mad Cow" Phillips
Pentagonlies (cool conspiracy theory video!)
Sorry Everybody
System of a Down
Wake Up & Smell the Fascism
Pink Dome
Take the Political Test
Vox Day
Game of the Month

"I'm jacking your wheelbarrel bitch!"
Archived Bastardisation




Powered by Blogger