Wednesday, April 13, 2005
 
Some years ago during one warm, sunny English early summer afternoon, me and a housemate were walking back in from the town centre of Bedford towards our college boarding house, still in our 6th form school uniform but somewhat casual and slack after retiring from the school for the week. Unexpectedly, it started to rain. Really rain. It was maybe the first heavy rain of the year which was kinda reminisent of home. Anyway, we picked up pace with still another 5 minute walk to the college gates when all of a sudden it REALLY started to fucking rain. The sky was hosing us down with all that piss water it had been storing up there the rest of the year. We kept on running for a while still. But we decided moments later that it wasnt gonna make any difference coz we were walking back into the boarding house drenched either way. So what the hell, we made the most of it and enjoyed the first summer rain on the streets.

Somehow today I've come to realise how that has become symbolic to so many things for me. Life pisses shit on you a lot of times and a lot of times, you are gonna end up getting through covered in shit either way. Maybe I can't be arsed. Maybe I've lost motivation. Maybe I'm negative at times. But a pessimist I am most certainly not. I'm a realist. Take my word for it. Sometimes, you can run if you want, but you'll just end up covered in shit...and tired.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
"Those weapons of mass destruction have got to be somewhere." - George W. Bush (March 24, 2004)

Recent Bastard Posts
Bastard-coated Bastards
Fetus Spears
SomethingSomething
Darth Vader
Sinner's Ark
I HATE MUSIC
Mulch
Seditious Bastards
Brand New Malaysia
e pur si muove
I Really Don't Know
Illusio
Mr Wang Bakes Good Karma
The Police State
Matrix Singapore
The Reader's Eye
Sayoni
Singaland
Singapore Rebel (the blog)
Singapore Rebel (the film)
Xeno Boy
Yawning Bread
Retardation of the West
The Knight Shift
Melanie "Mad Cow" Phillips
Pentagonlies (cool conspiracy theory video!)
Sorry Everybody
System of a Down
Wake Up & Smell the Fascism
Pink Dome
Take the Political Test
Vox Day
Game of the Month

"I'm jacking your wheelbarrel bitch!"
Archived Bastardisation




Powered by Blogger